The initial City of Bridges CLT service area includes the city of Pittsburgh neighborhoods of Lawrenceville and Polish Hill, and the Allegheny River towns of Millvale, Etna, and Sharpsburg. Even at this early stage City of Bridges CLT is committed expanding the boundaries beyond its initial footprint.
City of Bridges CLT seeks to work in communities where:
- We are an invited partner.
- We partner with communities who have established need.
- We share values with our partners.
We will evaluate opportunities to partner with new communities based on the following rubric:
DOES THE COMMUNITY HAVE DEMONSTRATED NEED?
- Relevant and bona fide community plan with affirmative recommendation for permanent affordability.
- Qualitative and quantitative data that demonstrates need for CLT.
- Diversity in income, race, ethnicity, age, etc.
- Detailed community uses to be preserved (homeownership, rental, commercial, etc.).
DOES THE COMMUNITY UNDERSTAND THE DEMAND?
- Existing market study or survey.
- Real estate transaction data.
- Access to opportunity (employment, education, transportation, etc.).
CAN THE CLT WORK AT SCALE?
- Available acquisitions (organization owned or site control, land bank, land reserve, portfolio owners, long-tenured owner occupants, rehab candidates, vacancy/blight, etc.).
IS FUNDING AVAILABLE?
- Available subsidy, or relationship with public or private sources, municipal abatements, etc. or other assets to enter into the CLT.
DOES THE PARTNER HAVE ORGANIZATIONAL CAPACITY?
- Existing neighborhood organization or CDC Staff?
- Community process in place.
- Track record of community engagement and/or real estate development.
IS THERE ORGANIZATIONAL ALIGNMENT?
- Alignment with CLT vision, mission, and values.
- Invitation from community for CLT development.
- Within geographical service area.
- Aligns with goal to serve diverse, equitable, and inclusive communities.
It is clearly understood by City of Bridges CLT that the process of on-boarding new communities will be an iterative one, and the rubric will evolve as the CLT expands and learns.
To learn more bout bringing the CLT to your community, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-621-1616.